If you want more movie choices and are willing to venture outside of Forsyth County, there are plenty of cheap and dollar movies in addition to the free summer movies available at Movies 400 in Cumming, GA.
Regal Cinemas offers $1.00 movies at North Point Mall and Mall of Georgia and Dawson 400 offers a dollar summer move lineup for families.
The Studio Movie Grill offers dollar kids admission and $2 adult admission Monday – Fridays at 11:00 am for their summer movie series. Location: 2880 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022, 770-992-8411.
There is also the free outdoor movie series Movies in the Park by Southern Outdoor Cinema with the first movie Escape from Planet Earth scheduled for sundown this Friday, June 7 at War Hill Park on Lake Lanier in Dawsonville, GA. The entire schedule has not yet been posted and I will update as soon as I have more details.
The Regal Summer Movie Express – $1.00 Movies at Regal Cinemas - Mall of Georgia and North Point Mall begins June 4, 2013 through August 31, 2013.
Moviegoers of all ages can climb aboard the Summer Movie Express to enjoy a great selection of films. During this 9-week festival, participating Regal Cinemas will offer selected G or PG rated movies for only a dollar on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00. A portion of proceeds from the Summer Movie Express will be donated to the Will Rogers Institute. North Point location 6500 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta GA 30022, 770-663-0660. Mall of Georgia location 3333 Buford Drive, Suite 3000, Buford GA 30518, 678-482-9263.
North Point Mall and Mall of Georgia Regal Cinemas Dollar Movie Schedule 2013: $1.00 movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am.
|1||The Three Stooges||PG||10am|
|1||Ice Age: Continental Drift||PG||10am|
|2||Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days||PG||10am|
|3||Mr. Poppers’ Penguins||PG||10am|
|3||Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked||G||10am|
|6||Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax||PG||10am|
|7||Journey 2: The Mysterious Island||PG||10am|
|8||Happy Feet Too||PG||10am|
Dawson 400 Dollar Movies Summer Series for 2013
Dawson 400 Stadium Cinemas, 189 North 400 Center Lane, Dawsonville, GA 30534, (706) 216‐1620 – Movies start at 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are $1.00 admission. Child drinks and popcorn are $1.50 each. Movies are subject to change. Doors open at 9:15 am. First come, first serve seating. Click for the flyer and full printable schedule for the 2013 summer movie series (PDF.)
• Tue 6/4 & Thur 6/6: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone (PG), Madagascar 3 (PG)
• Tue 6/11 & Thur 6/13: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (PG), How to Train Your Dragon (PG)
• Tue 6/18 & Thur 6/20: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban (PG), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (PG)
• Tue 6/25 & Thur 6/27: Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (PG-13), Despicable Me (PG)
• Tue 7/2 & Thur 7/4: Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix (PG-13), The Lorax (PG)
• Tue 7/9 & Thur 7/11: Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince (PG), The Pirates! Band of Misfits (PG)
• Tue 7/16 & Thur 7/18: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part One (PG-13), Rise of the Guardians (PG)
• Tue 7/23 & Thur 7/25: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part Two (PG-13), Hotel Transylvania (PG)