Hiking families will enjoy the Hike Inn, where “everyone belongs”. It is a hidden gem in Dawsonville, GA.
- Backpacker magazine included the trail as one of 36 “Best American Hikes”
- Included on National Geographic Traveler’s “Stay List”
No cell phones are allowed so it is a true getaway from the rest of the world. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors and dine in a family style atmosphere dining room with other guests. There is a library and wrap-around porch to relax and unwind and play board games or read.
The rustic rooms are simple and comfy – bunk bed style sleeping and you are awoken by a drum beat and later hear a breakfast bell. There are hot showers and bath facilities for men and women. Adirondack chairs frequent the property and trails and mountain views await.
The Hike Inn has:
- 20 guest rooms with linens, blankets and pillows
- Men and women’s facilities with showers, sinks, mirrors and fresh towels
- Breakfast and dinner served everyday
- A library, board games, puzzles, and a wrap-around porch
The Hike Inn’s mission is to make experiencing nature easy, and help protect it through education and recreation.
It would be an exciting adventure for a family or group! Have you been there?