The Georgia Department of Revenue announced the Georgia Sales Tax Holiday 2016 dates and items list. The Georgia Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2016 for Clothing, Computers, and School Supplies is from July 30, 2016 through July 31, 2016.
Georgia Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2016 Items List
- Clothing and Footwear < $100: Clothing and footwear, no sales tax unless item is over $100.
- Computers and Computer related items < $1000: Computers, computer components, and prewritten computer software purchased for noncommercial home or personal use with a price $1,000 or less.
- School supplies > $20: School supplies, school art supplies, school computer supplies, and school instructional materials purchased for noncommercial use costing $20 or less.
- Also check for coupons and BOGOs to make the most of this tax free weekend!
- Here’s a great back to school cheat sheet: where to get the best deals on school supplies – is it Wal-mart? Target? Staples? Office Depot / Office Max?